How to Build Great Relationships With Tech Journalists, Understand Current Media Trends and Secure Top Feature Placements for Your Clients. This webinar will be a candid conversation with the industry’s most influential technology editors on how to win the hearts and minds of reporters (and readers), and more ink in their magazines. Our panel of journalists will cover best practices for engaging media, personal communications preferences, and story interests and beats, as well as how to build those elusive “relationships” that we all seek. This session also will cover tips for writing the most effective subject lines and pitches, and the essential elements reporters look for. You’ll learn:
· What’s changed in the newsroom and the role of editor vs. reporter.
· Elements of a successful pitch and an irresistible subject line.
· How to engage reporters via timing, topics and channels.
· Tips for pitching by email and phone, and social media dos and don’ts.
· The ins and outs of embargoes, desk-side briefings and press conferences.
· Examples of the best and worst of public relations.