Two-thirds of all business crises arise from “smoldering” issues that can be identified and prevented long before they harm the organization’s brand and reputation. The majority of these issues are related to employee or manager misconduct that management may be aware of but refuse to address. In one study, companies where a top executive was accused of personal misconduct suffered financial impacts long after the legal side of the case was resolved. Join us May 29 as we welcome Deborah Hileman, SCMP, president and CEO of the Institute for Crisis Management. She will address how communicators can identify and prepare to address a variety of “bad behavior” organizational crises.
Wireside News & Events
Wireside will be accepting an award at PRSA’s Virginia PR Awards at the Jefferson Hotel on May 24 for our content marketing work on behalf of NTT Communications.
This webinar from Cision on August 24, 2017 at 2 p.m ET will help participants:
- Identify the gaps in your current response strategy
- Create or reshape your current response plan that empowers your team
- Monitor all your key channels with cutting edge tools to support your execution
- Build authenticity and empathy into responses to deliver best possible resolutions in difficult circumstances
In today’s oversaturated news landscape, it’s more important than ever to know how to work effectively with the media. VCU professors Mary Ann Owens, formerly a USA Today reporter, and Jeff South, formerly of the Austin American-Statesman, will host a workshop covering:
- How to position a story to grab a journalist’s attention
- Tips for writing succinctly and avoiding jargon
- New ways to pitch, with a focus on multimedia and data presentation
- Understanding journalists’ needs, deadlines and how to best accommodate
- Do’s and don’ts for reporter outreach for print and broadcast media