Join us on Thursday, 28th January 2016 at 3-4pm Greenwich Mean Time (10-11am Eastern Standard Time), when our experts will guide you through the biggest geopolitical, economic and financial opportunities and risks to the global economy in the new year.
How to Build Great Relationships With Tech Journalists, Understand Current Media Trends and Secure Top Feature Placements for Your Clients. This webinar will be a candid conversation with the industry’s most influential technology editors on how to win the hearts and minds of reporters (and readers), and more ink in their magazines. Our panel of journalists will cover best practices for engaging media, personal communications preferences, and story interests and beats, as well as how to build those elusive “relationships” that we all seek. This session also will cover tips for writing the most effective subject lines and pitches, and the essential elements reporters look for. You’ll learn:
· What’s changed in the newsroom and the role of editor vs. reporter.
· Elements of a successful pitch and an irresistible subject line.
· How to engage reporters via timing, topics and channels.
· Tips for pitching by email and phone, and social media dos and don’ts.
· The ins and outs of embargoes, desk-side briefings and press conferences.
· Examples of the best and worst of public relations.
What makes people share online messages? Interesting, entertaining and funny content tops the list, according to a study by Chadwick Martin Bailey.
In this session, you’ll find out how to make your messages more interesting than cat videos and Kim Kardashian with techniques that make your audience laugh, cry and hit “send.” You’ll learn how to:
- Tap The Awwwwww Factor — the #1 tool you can use for crafting messages that go viral.
- Steal from the FBI. Model the masters of online storytelling to write pieces that readers love to read.
- Craft an online story in three simple steps.
- Start with the snake, or choose a lead that readers actually want to read. (And avoid the most common lead approach that is guaranteed to turn them away.)
- Write in the V.O.B. Develop a voice for your online channels.
At the PRSA 2015 International Conference, enhance your personal and professional network, while engaging with some of the world’s most influential companies and organizations that call Atlanta home. Connect with thousands of colleagues and over 150 industry experts from all career levels, sectors, work environments and industries for three days of practical insight and networking. Read More